192.168.1.254 IP address is used by several broadband modems and broadband routers. Several router manufacturer companies are using this IP address as a default private IP address. It is one of the IP address which is reserved for the private networks. The internet network authority classified a private IP addresses into five different categories such as Type A/B/C/D/E. The P address 192.168.1.254 comes under Type C category. The users of this IP address does not need to take the permission for the higher authorities to use this private IP address. The private network is restricted to use due to security purposes. The configuration of a private network is done in such a way so that the devices that are outside this network cannot access the network and ensures the maximum security from the unauthorized users.
The IP address 192.168.1.254 comes in the range of IP address from 192.168.1.0-192.168.1.255. These are the private network IP address mainly used for home networks and small business network. The first IP address of this range i.e. 192.168.1.0 is reserved for network identification which identify the private network range. The last IP address of this range is reserved for broadcasting which send the same data to all the recipients. All the IP addresses are reserved for some specific purposes that cannot used or read by other device. The IP address 192.168.1.254 is assigned to the routers that are used in the private networks.
- Changing the password of router is simple and has the great importance. It is essential to change the password for your router for the security purpose. Follow the below instructions steps by step:
- Open any updated web browser of your choice. Ensure that you have a strong Ethernet or internet connection.
- Enter the IP address 192.168.1.254 in the URL of the web address.
- In the next step, enter the default username and password on the login page.
- Now, go to the settings and then change your credential details.
You can also use the alternative way of using the mywifiext instead of using the IP address if it is difficult for you to change the username and password. Always remember to type the original IP address in your web browser. You can also go to the LAN settings to change your username and password.